We have adopted a "Statement of Purpose" that succinctly summarizes everything that we as a local union chapter of TexasAFT & AFT stands for. The statement follows.
ACC/AFT Statement of Purpose
The purposes of the Austin Community College/American Federation of Teachers
Organizing Committee will be:
- To support the College in offering comprehensive academic and vocational education programs of superior quality;
- To improve faculty, adjunct faculty, classified, professional-technical and hourly
employee wages, benefits and working conditions;
- To encourage fiscal responsibility of the College and expansion of its tax base;
- To support efforts of Austin Community College to safeguard employees and students to ensure their health and safety on campus;
- To promote the streamlining of college rules and procedures for easy employee
accountability and use;
- To promote development of guidelines of task force responsibilities and operating
- To solicit and encourage qualified candidates to run for the Board of Trustees;
- To unite the faculty and non-administrative staff of Austin Community College into one broad and inclusive federation for mutual assistance and cooperation;
- To represent the needs and concerns of faculty and non-administrative staff members to achieve a better climate for all;
- To achieve exclusive consultation for all faculty and non-administrative staff.