We are affiliated with the national American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the state organization, Texas AFT. We organized in 1999 and have members from all classifications of non-administrative ACC employees: Classified, Prof-Tech, Adjunct, Hourly and Full Time Faculty. We are separate from the employee associations at ACC and are therefore free to pursue our goals without administrative influence.
We are dedicated to improving the salaries and health insurance of all employees, including protecting the rights of all ACC employees. Building a large and strong membership is the key to these endeavors. Join us today!
If you would like representation for grievances and access to our Legal Defense Fund and Labor Attorney, you MUST become a member now, before your problem begins. Click on "Membership" to fill out a membership form.
- Our union is a professional organization regularly engaged in the life of the college district. Membership dues support advocacy on workplace issues, training events, and career protection.
- If you believe faculty should have a voice in educational issues, you should join.
- If you believe employees should have a voice in the political process, you should join
- If you believe in the value of employees helping out each other, you should join.
- If you believe employees should be treated with dignity, fairness, and respect, you should join.
- Your dues help support these values!
23-24 Member dues amounts are as follows:
- $40.25/Mo - Full time Faculty
- $29.63/Mo - Calssified/Prof.Tech
- $23.46/Mo - Adjuncts & Part time hourly employees earning more than $12,000/yr
- $18.21/Mo - Adjuncts & part time hourly employees earning less than $11,999/yr